Everyone who has access to the Launchcloud system is called a User. The type of User they are depends on what permissions they have been granted, and/or what Team they are allocated to. You can build and manage your teams by placing users in relevant groups; you can add individuals to them or issue bulk invites. Once they are added, all Users have a profile and are able to work across multiple accounts.
Teams and multi-user accounts are only available at the Launchcloud Basic and Pro levels. To learn more about our premium offerings, visit our pricing page.
Adding a User
Adding a User is a very simple process. First, click the "Users" button in the left toolbar, which is opened by clicking the three stacked lines in the top left corner.
Next, click the green add button in the top left of the screen.
This will launch a pop-up screen that allows you to mass invite users to join your account. The invitation process has four incredibly simple steps:
- Enter the email addresses of everyone you'd like to invite. Be sure to seperate each email with a comma.
- Write a short message that will accompany the email invitation. This will provide context so that the person receiving the email knows what they are looking at. If you'd like, you can use the default message that is automatically generated.
- If you've already established teams that you'd like to add this user to, you can select them here. If they accept your invitation, they'll automatically be added to the proper groups and given the corresponding permission levels.
- Click the "Invite User" button to send the invitation.
Four Permission Levels
Your new users can have any of the following permission levels: Account admin, project admin, operator, and reports access.
- Account admin has virtually all of the same permissions as the account owner. She is able to view forms in all projects, as well as add users or review reports.
- Project admin only has access to forms in a specific folder. This allows a user to take control on a specific project without overstepping boundaries.
- Operators are able to open existing forms and enter new information. This role is meant for field operators who are collecting data without reviewing its results.
- Reports access allows a user to open a form’s reports, but they can’t carry out admin-level actions like creating new forms or adding team members.
Remove a User
Deleting Users is just as simple. When on the Manage Users page, check the box to the left of the User you want to delete and click the delete button that appears at the top of the page (next to the filter button).
Deleting a user only removes them from your account. It does not remove them from the Launchcloud platform, so they’ll still be able to work within any other Launchcloud accounts they have access to.
Downloading The App
The Launchcloud mobile apps are free to all users. Once a new user sets up their account, they should download the Launchcloud iOS or Android app. After signing in to the app, they’ll be able to view and populate any forms they have access to.